Bibliometric analysis is described as the application of statistical techniques to assess the Bibliometric Study publishing data like as books to journal articles and related materials. It has been frequently utilised to demonstrate the links of study fields using quantitative approaches. Bibliometrics is the study of the relationships among the publications generated by people or organisations through time and space.
Analysis of all information carriers using mathematical and statistical approaches. Knowledge systems that include mathematics, statistics, and the humanities are known as quantified knowledge systems. Bibliometric study focuses on a variety of metrics, including the volume of literature, the number of writers (individual or collective), and the number of vocabularies. In Bibliometric Research, "quantity" is the most important quality. When doing Bibliometric Analysis, the following considerations should be kept in mind.
- Use statistical approaches like citation rates to evaluate the academic quality of publications and writers. First, quality standards must be properly defined and then implemented using an appropriate empirical foundation; otherwise, misunderstandings on the meaning of quality might emerge.
- Employ statistical approaches like citation rates to evaluate the academic quality of publications and writers.
- Metrics like as citation counts are used to do a quantitative study of academic publications.
- Analysis of a references, citations, publications content, and (co-)authorships may be done using quantitative and qualitative statistical approaches, respectively.
Process of Bibliometric analysis
Data collection, data preparation, statistical computation, and application analysis all fall within the purview of Bibliometric Research. Data sources are classified as database data and online data, while collection techniques are classified as manual and automated. Pre-processing includes a variety of tasks such as format conversion, data separation and extraction, and filtering data that does not meet the requirements.
Quantitative and relational examination of articles published by persons and organisations in the same area, at the same time and in the same location throughout a certain period of time. Research areas are studied using a quantitative technique based on the examination of relevant publications.
This section will provide an overview of the five most used Types of Bibliometrics. Measures of influence and likeness are derived from citation data using citation analysis, co-citation analysis, and bibliographical coupling. Using data from co-authors, a co-author analysis measures cooperation. Co-word analysis is a method for determining the relationships between words that appear in the same place in a documents title, keywords, or abstract. Types of bibliometrics are outlined in the next section of the article.
Citation- Citation rates are used to determine the impact of a document, an author, or a journal.
Co-citation- Reference lists are used to establish relationships between documents, authors, and publications.
Bibliometric coupling- On the basis of the number of common references, connects documents, authors, or publications.
Co-author- When two or more authors collaborate on a manuscript, this link is established.
Co-word- When two or more keywords exist in the same title, abstract, or keyword list, they are linked together.
Bibliometrics may be used to:
- examine the research of a person or a particular topic of study.
- indicate how a person or an area of study's research has had a positive influence
- discover new and exciting research fields.
- identify possible research partners.
- identify the most appropriate places to publish your work.
WHY US ?
Wrirk caters to the research requirements of every experienced researcher. We deliver outstanding outcomes across the board in terms of academic research writing services. We facilitate the scholars by providing the writing assistance services via state-of-art technology for enabling scholars to get seamlessly & effortlessly writing assistance by us on a Scholar’s App. We facilitate scholars by availing them Peer review of research work that is designed to assess the validity, quality and often the original Research Paper/ Article/ Thesis for publication/ submission. Our ultimate aim is to maintain the integrity of science/research by filtering out invalid or poor quality articles.